Date: Thursday March 23, 2023
Time: 12H30 - 13H45 (New York)
Place: Side Event Room 6 - UNHQ, New York
Live broadcast with simultaneous interpretation: https://media.un.org/en/asset/k1u/k1u7nogtax
- To dialogue on the relevant aspects that affect the availability and quality of water resources in Latin America and the Caribbean, in relation to agriculture and climate change to achieve sectoral climate commitments under the Paris Agreement.
- Raise awareness of the opportunities and the role of farmers in Latin America and the Caribbean in facing the current challenges of adaptation and mitigation to climate change
- To share PLACA's experience as an articulating mechanism at the service of the ministries of agriculture of the region, to strengthen synergies between public sector agencies, research centers, NGOs and other actors for the implementation of solutions, including knowledge sharing and capacity building considering the particularities of the territories.
- Virginie Gillet - Land and Water Officer (FAO NSL)
- H.E. Mr. Ursell Arends - Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Transport, Integrity, Nature and Senior Affairs of Aruba
- Sasha Koo-Oshima - NSL Deputy Director and UN-Water Senior Programme Manager-FAO focal point
- Gerardo Amarilla - Undersecretary, Ministry of Environment of Uruguay
- Rodrigo Sanhueza - General Director of Water Affairs, Ministry of Public Works
- Gabriela Carmona - Climate Action Coordinator of Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock (MAG) of Costa Rica and PLACA Presidency
- Miguel Doria - Director del Programa Hidrológico Intergubernamental, UNESCO
Revisa el summary here