Since its launch, and overcoming challenges caused by the COVID-19 Pandemic, PLACA managed to position itself in the region, and has managed to support the region's ministries of agriculture in building institutional capacities through technical workshops, online courses training and regional studies thanks to the collaboration of cooperators or institutions such as Euroclima+, ECLAC or the World Bank.
- Publicize the formation process of PLACA and the added value that it has as a unique collaboration mechanism in climate action and agriculture in the LAC region and invite all other countries in the region to join the platform.
- Share the process of forming the working groups as a regional community of practice with emphasis on the results obtained to date in technical workshops, training courses, regional studies or the bank of low-cost technological solutions.
- Cecilia Jones - Coordinator of the Sustainability and Climate Change Unit of the MGAP
- Angelina Espinoza - Head of the Climate Change Unit ODEPA-MINAGRI Chile
- Martial Bernoux - FAO Senior Natural Resources Officer
- Marcos Gibson - FLACSO-Chile
- Karla Mena - National Director of Agricultural Extension MAG Costa Rica and PLACA Presidency
Review the concept note and agenda here