Leveraging finance for climate action in agriculture is key to successfully implement and deliver climate action within the sector and thus the importance to liaise with the UNFCCC High Level Champions to broadcast the dialogue between initiatives led by them and Regional Coordination Platforms.
- Share PLACA’s experience since its conception as a successful example of an initiative born during the COVID-19 pandemic, perspectives, lessons learned and specific recommendations from a wide range of stakeholders regarding how this regional platform has strategically bring together professionals within the Ministries and promote a common space for dialogue.
- Support regional efforts in climate change, adaptation, food security, and agriculture to define concrete actions and strengthen collaboration with other regional or global initiatives towards implementing the Paris agreement.
- Bárbara Farinelli - Agricultural Economist. World Bank
- Julian Lampietti - Global Director, Agriculture and Food Global Practice. World Bank
- María Helena Semedo - Deputy Director General, FAO
- Fernando Vargas - PLACA Presidency. Vice-Minister of Agriculture, Costa Rica
- Sol Ortíz - General Director of Prospecting and Climate Change Policies of the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, Government of Mexico
Review the concept note and agenda here