This panel is consistent with the need to support regional efforts among LAC countries on climate change and agriculture to define concrete actions and strengthen collaboration with other regional or global initiatives towards the implementation of the Paris Agreement. During the closure of the event, there will be an adhesion from a new Associate.
Share results of the Platform for Climate Action in Agriculture in Latin America and the Caribbean, PLACA, to highlight the importance of this regional collaborative mechanism to support ministries of agriculture to achieve sectoral climate commitments under the implementation of the Paris Agreement
- Martial Bernoux - FAO Senior Natural Resources Officer
- Karla Mena - National Director of Agricultural Extension MAG Costa Rica and PLACA Presidency
- Claudio Schneider - Technical Director at Conservation International
- Andrea Castellanos - Science Officer International Center for Tropical Agriculture in Latin America and the Caribbean
- Sol Ortíz - General Director of Prospecting and Climate Change Policies of the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, Government of Mexico
Review the concept note and agenda here